Monday, October 12, 2009

The Coming and Going of Sons


I love it when they come home, but can't hardly stand it when they leave.
Everytime Joey or Shane comes home, I am on cloud nine. Somehow my boys bring out the kid in me, and I love it. My outlook on life returns to normal and healthy. I even think my blood pressure drops to normal. For a father, there is nothing better for him than his sons coming home for a visit.
But when I have to watch them leave, it feels like my arteries are opened and my life blood drains out of me. The house seems empty and cold. The bedroom where they slept seems useless (it's used only when they are here). My mood turns dangerously dark and morbid.
So, here is my plan. I want my sons and their wives to move in with us. They can get jobs here locally to help with the groceries, but I will put a roof over their head. Right...? Of course, not.
While the coming and going of sons is difficult, it is the natural way...that...I've got to live with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you dad... and I would gladly live with ya again if I could but I'm sorry but thank goodness we can join ranks and have the Mustain group that keeps growing bigger and bigger each day...

John said...

You're right there...the group is growing by leaps and bounds